Well loyal readers. I know that you breathlessly anticipate every word my nimble fingers type on this here blog so I try not to disappoint. Tonight I've been on watch all night. It's been a quiet night which seems to be the kind I always draw. I'm by no means complaining, but I'd like the opportunity at least once to wake everyone up by yelling "medevac, medevac, medevac" into the radios.
For tonight's entertainment, since there was no football on, we began the evening by watching some of the first season of lost. After that we progressed to "The Manchurian Candidate" and now "3:10 to Yuma" which I've already seen. There are certainly times when fighting terrorism takes a back seat to fighting boredom.
I take great comfort in the fact that in about 3 hours I will be sleeping peacefully back at my trailer. This will throw my sleep schedule off, but I'll get over it. I probably won't get breakfast today, but I don't get breakfast any day to be honest. Unfortunately it comes down to one of two scenarios. Either I have to be to work really early in the morning in which case I opt for the extra 45 minutes of sleep I would have to sacrifice in order to eat breakfast or else I don't have to be to work really early in the morning in which case I don't wake up in time to eat breakfast. All right, all right. I can hear those of you out there who know me shouting that I haven't actually eaten breakfast since the first President Bush was in office and you're right, but I'm desperate for something to write here.
Ironically enough, right as I was finishing up that last paragraph, AW2 Crisp (the enlisted watchstander) walked in with a box of breakfast burritos for me. Very nice! It's giving me a chance to try the bottle of "Kick'n Kajun" Habanero Hot Sauce that I've been eyeing on top of the squadron fridge for a while. I haven't the faintest idea how long it's been sitting there, but hot sauce only gets better with age, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OK, glad to see you got there and had some time in a real pub! I only wish I had nearly the creative writing capability that you possess. I am afraid that when I get to Afghanistan in July, people who are used to your excusite prose will be extremely disappointed in my abilities. take care and be careful!
Love you!
Jason
Ah, hot sauce. For once I'm glad not to be your bunkmate! Make sure you air the room out after you sleep! Hope you're doin' alright. One day we'll get to be together again and the wives will just roll their eyes in annoyance! Parfoom forever!
No, Jeremy, we're rolling our eyes with, um . . . let me think . . . oh, I know: love. Yeah, that's it, love. And lots and lots of patience. :)
Jason I can't wait to read your blog as well. You should start it now before you go so we can see what is happening to you over there in Hawaii.
Can't tell you enough how proud I am of both my brothers.
Love ya tons,
Heather
Post a Comment