Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday

Well, my birthday was last Friday. The answer to whether or not I did anything special is no. I really didn't. It was a fairly standard work day. I was on alert as the 4th up co-pilot but did not fly. I appreciate all of the birthday wishes and packages that I received. So now I'm thirty and have to stop making fun of Tricia for being in her thirties while I was still in my twenties.


The other night I broke out the M&Ms that Tricia had sent me for Valentine's Day. They were all green (of course) with cute little love messages on them. All was going well until I started reading the messages and found the usual assortment of sayings: "Wow!, Oh Boy!, XXXOO, Give me a Kiss, etc." Then I realized that a lot of the "Wow!" ones were sent without the exclamation point. At least I hope that's what happened because if you turn them upside down they say "Mom" which lends an entirely different and infinitely more disturbing spin to them. I had to double check the packaging to make sure that I hadn't accidently gotten the "Special Oedipus edition" candies.
As promised, here are a couple of photos of my infamous Bahrain outfit. I think I'm quite styling. I should dress like this more often.

8 comments:

Susan said...

The boots are what make the outfit, of course. However, I can't help but wonder what kind of person has a Piggly Wiggly shirt anyway?

Anonymous said...

Why were the M&Ms green? Did the colors melt together?

Spencer said...

The M&Ms were all green. I assumed that it was because of Valentine's Day and green M&M's reputation as making people hor...happy.

Anonymous said...

spence,

i thought you were going to look girly! you just look like a soldier who forgot his uniform.

rob

LT Jason Allen said...

Nice job with keeping up our international relations in the Middle East!! I am now going to shamelessly plug my own blog that I just started at the behest of Heather and others for my own vacation to Afghanistan this summer... it is myafghanistanblog.blogspot.com I just started it so bear with me it will get more information as it goes.

Stay safe!!!

Spencer said...

A soldier who forgot his uniform, eh? I believe the word that you're looking for is "aviator".

Elvis said...

Aviator? You and Leo huh?

Kim said...

O.K., Spence, this is your cousin, Kim. Yes, Kim, the one who used to kick your butt in the efforts to stay on the Whirlygig. I just found out about your blog from your dad and I have to say. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. But...they let you fly those things? Do they not realize what a goofball you are? :)

I need your email address. I have started a grandma and grandpa history blog - I am obsessed with Clyde and think you'll like the entry on him. :)

GOOD LUCK!!! We are so stinkin' proud of our goofball pilot. :)