Monday, July 7, 2008

My Last Medevac

Well, I'm sorry that I left you hanging once again. I am now back home in Guam. Unlike last time, this was a planned return for me. I really appreciate all of the support I received while I was back in the desert.

I had a unique experience on what turned out to be one of my last medevacs. We got called on to take off just before midnight and didn't finish the mission until 5AM. That was one thing we had to be prepared for out there was flying through the night. It didn't happen often, but it did happen. So here are the totals for my time in the desert:

I flew 43 medevacs.
I crossed into Iraq 25 times.
I flew a total of nearly 200 pilot hours in Kuwait and Iraq.

I'm not sure where I'll be heading next, but it promises to be an adventure.

1 comment:

Gudgell said...

Spencer we are glad you are back with your family. You have been in our prayers. Maybe you can get assigned to Hungary and come and see us. I don't believe we have any American troops in Hungary. We are loving our mission. We will be transferred to Budapest in two weeks to finish our mission there.
Brent and Nan