Well, it didn't take long before I got right back in the swing of things out here. On only my second time on the alert here I got to do my first Medevac out of Basrah. Before you get too excited, you should probably understand that we didn't carry the patient (the other aircraft did) and it wasn't exactly a case of life or death. Basically it boils down to someone that had lost their voice. I'm not sure if they thought that it was perhaps in the helicopter or what, but we ended up taking him down to Kuwait to look for it.
So it wasn't a terribly exciting evac, but it's a start, right? Now I just have to keep waiting for the next.
In another bit of interesting news, I think someone tried to hack into my blog and leave me a nasty little message. Nothing threatening mind you, just somewhat insulting. At least, I assume that was the intention. Maybe he was just giving me advice. Here's the exact wording of the comment he made about my last post:
i think my 12 year old has somthing like this too. ow ya, stop leaving your e-mail address in the PC or you might get alot of junk mail one day.
It's not that I'm not grateful for the advice, because I truly am and normally I would have gladly published this to my post, but I felt it would apply better here. Yes, the joys of having to use a public terminal, even a military-use-only public terminal. Also proves that the Army will take just about anyone. Though I do have to give bonus points for the proper use of "your".
Well, the van is now leaving to take me back to my tent for the night. Hope you are having a great day and I'll keep you posted, at least as well as a 12 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Is it really all you thought it would be -- and more? I loved your movie reviews --keep em' comin! Please hang in there and stay safe.
You should also give props for the proper use of too. It is good advice - if a little random. Love you!
I love how it says "Ow Ya." That's the mark of ultimate coolness. Are you sure Sterling Clifford or Greger Summerhays isn't lurking on base?
Post a Comment