Thursday, September 6, 2007

Early Morning

Well, today I was on alert again. This time, though, as an added bonus they let us come in and brief at 0500 so I got to wake up before 0400. For those of you unfamiliar with military time, 0500 translates to "%#&@ early". Those of you who know me will know that I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. Thankfully, we didn't have to launch on anything today (knock on wood, we still have the chicken tonight) and I should be able to catch up on a little sleep tonight. Then tomorow I'll fly a scheduled medevac and a training flight.

Saturday night I'll be on watch again, but do not dispair. I put myself on the watch for Saturday night. It serves two purposes: First it guarantees that I will not have to fly on Sunday so I'll be able to finally get back to church (it's been about a month since I had a Sunday off) and secondly it ensures that I will get to watch some college football. I have no idea what games the Armed Forces TV Network will be showing, but I really don't care, either. It's football and therefore it is good.

No comments: