Well, folks, it turns out that this will in all likelihood be my last post from the warzone for a while. Do to circumstances beyond anyone's control, the squadron (or more specifically the commanding officer) has decided to send me home early. So tomorow I will be hopping on a plane (I'm not sure what plane or to where) with my ultimate destination being back to Guam.
I know that this comes as quite a shock to many people, myself certainly included. I really can't go into the details here, but I can assure you that I am not in any trouble and that this is in no way going to adversely affect my standing in the squadron or my career. In fact, it may very well turn out to be quite the blessing. I'm not sure how long I'll be in Guam, or where they'll send me next (it's possible that I may end up out here again), but I do know that up until now I've always seemed to end up where I've needed to be. I have greatly appreciated all the love and support that I've received here. It has really helped to keep me going. I think that I may continue this blog back in Guam and wherever I end up next, though that would most likely mean re-naming it.
Please do not overwhelm Tricia with phone calls about this. She doesn't know any more than I do when exactly I'm flying out or when I'll arrive in Guam. In fact, more than likely she'll find out when I land in Guam, because I probably won't know much sooner than that. I will be sure to let everyone know when I'm home.
My time in the desert has really been short, all things considered. However, I truly feel that I can hold my head up high and say that I have participated in great things. I have seen and experienced things here that I will hold on to for the rest of my life. I have done things that I will always remember. I was going to summarize what all I've participated in since I got here, but my log book is already packed and I can't remember everything right now. I promise that that will come later. I truly feel blessed to have been given this opportunity and anxiously await whatever other adventures await on the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment