I realize that I have been neglecting my blog for the last week or so. There are actually a couple of reasons for this. First, until today not much happened this week and second, I have a very important board coming up tomorow that I have been studying intently for. When I said board I mean a bunch of senior pilots will sit and ask me questions for a couple of hours. Glorious! I will be certain to tell you how much fun it is after it's all over with.
Today I am on the First UP crew. We actually hadn't even finished briefing yet when we were called out to spin up the aircraft for a soldier here on base who was suffering from acute appendicitis and needed to be moved to the bigger hospital down south for surgery. That was my first actual "run out to the helicopter and start the APU (auxilliary power unit) before I even put on my helmet and vest" medevac. It was a pretty good rush. Anyway, we got him there in one piece. I can't imagine how uncomfortable he must have been in the back, however. Helicopters in general tend to vibrate quite a bit, but the one we were flying today has a reputation for being able to dislodge fillings.
Anyway, I have received some questions about the infamous chicken suit. I've not yet worn it, but I promise photos when it does happen. Now I have another special request for anyone who might be located near an art supply store. I am now in charge of keeping track of the logbooks for all the pilots here. I need some very fine tipped (preferably mechanical) colored pencils. Blue, red, and green (we use blue lead for NVGs, red for night-time, and green for combat). I tried to look at the limited supply of stuff here to no avail. I asked Tricia about it, but since she is in Guam, which is only slightly better supplied than here. So if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry again about the lack of recent posts, I promise to improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi Spencer,
I looked for mechanical pencils today while I was out and about. I found pencils of the colors you requested, but all of them had the gray lead. I asked the clerk in charge of that area and she said she's only seen red lead, no blue or green. I'll start looking online, but you already know that my skills in that area are sub-par. Maybe I'll get Bryan working on it. He can find things quite well.
Much love,
Mom vB
Spence
I will hit the university book store later, to see if I can find some for you.
Travis
Franklin Covey has the pencils. I will pick some up for you on Saturday. While I am at it, would you also like some Teletubbys or Bratz coloring books? BE SAFE and "I just wanted to say good luck, we are all counting on you"
Jason
Hi Spence -- More to follow
Hi Spence!
Just so you don't get 50+ tubes of RED lead, I thought I would let everyone know that on Tuesday I sent you 2 mechanical pencils and 3 tubes of RED lead. I also was told they didn't make blue or green. I went to a craft store and found a box of VERYFINE colored pencils and sent you all the red, green and blue ones. Between Mom vonBosse, myself and others all you need to do is ask and you'll get plenty of whatever you need!
Luv Ya!!! Stay Safe! TTFN Mom
Bryan found the pencil lead in the requested colors. I will attempt to order them right now. I hope you'll get them soon.
Mom vB
Now I'm bummed. I couldn't figure out which was red, which was green, etc. I watched and I pondered and finally I gave up to watch a Mash Rerun. But if you need anything non-color related, I am your man!
Post a Comment