First off, I would like to thank everyone for the response to my request for pencils. It is really humbling. Thank you so much!
Last Tuesday I flew another combat mission. Don't get too excited. Like I said before, it's only combat because we crossed the border. We ran some blood from the hospital in Kuwait to a smaller hospital up north. Actually, we didn't run the blood. We flew wing while the blood was in the other helicopter in our formation.
The really exciting news for me on Tuesday was that I sat through, and passed, my Helicopter 2nd Pilot board. There are about 20 Navy publications that are fair game for questions during the board. It's a little bit like getting kicked in the...head...for two hours. I didn't do as well as I would have liked to, but like we say, any landing you can walk away from....(if the passengers of your aircraft don't run away screaming in terror, that's just a bonus).
Anyway, tonight I find mysellf on watch again for 12 hours. Should be pretty exciting. Right now we're watching "Boondock Saints". I've not seen it, but it looks good so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment