So I'm sitting here at about 1AM looking through the squadron's DVD collection looking for something to kill time until the football game starts at 0300. By the way, "Boondock Saints" was quite an entertaining flick. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to list some of the DVDs we have here that you certainly would never expect to see in a military helicopter squadron:
Snow White (the live-action version) - I didn't even know that there was a live-action version.
The Phantom of the Opera - I certainly enjoyed it, but it surprises me to see it here.
Brokeback Mountain - 'nuff said.
The Adventures of Milo and Otis - Cuddly adventures of a cute kittie and doggie.
The Pee-Wee Herman Show - I really have no words for this
The Princess Diaries - I'm sure that all the pre-teen girl helicopter pilots we have enjoy it.
Some DVD entitled "great STREET FIGHTER movies" - Not that something like that surprises me here, it's just that I'm surprised it's pluralized. Can there be more than one? Can there be one?
Monster-In-Law - I think the premier for this one was held in a phone-booth, and still didn't sell out.
Somewhere In Time - Again, good movie, but here?
Now, it isn't all chick-flicks and creepy stuff. There are the "manly man" shows you'd expect - Rambo, a smattering of Bruce Lee flicks, etc. I just wonder who put them there. Oh well, I think I'll put in Armageddon. 1 hour and 40 minutes left to the kickoff of the college football season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reading about your DVD library, I am sure you will be glad to know that my boys and I raided the $1.00 DVD bin at Wal Mart and will be sending you some real clasics. Actually most of the movies we got I have never heard of, but most have at least one person who may be considered a "star". They are movies for the truly bored. Congratas on passing your board, sounds a lot like some of the boards I had while I was back on subs. It is a whole lot more fun when you are on the questioning side of the table. Glad things are going well and you are staying safe!
Post a Comment