Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Still Waiting...

Again, yesterday's alert came and went, but there was no business. Our commanding officer offered to go to the chow hall and start pushing guys down until we had someone injured enough, but we decided that that was a bit too risky. After all, they may just choose to evac him by ground.

Again, responding to comments on the general forum, this one for my brother: Club Med? All right, I will go with that. Compared to what the boys up north are living with, this is practically paradise. I hope that Japan was nice and that the tent they made you live in was at least not drafty. What's that? You stayed in a hotel? Then shuddup.

The "Ambulance Chasers" here, when they're required (which doesn't really happen for us because we don't fly there) are called Apaches, Cobras, or Blackhawk gunships. However, in our case they're there more for our use than for the guy we're picking up.

All right, I hope that you all are doing well and I will continue to keep you informed.

1 comment:

Proud Mom said...

zioyzI know you're anxious to get to those watermelon blow pops and such but as long as you are on the ground no one is injured or needing help! So get a good book and be thankful you're services are not needed. I just pray the day never comes when you have just the opposite reaction and wish you could get away for a while and stop being needed so much! Love your blog! Keep up the good work! Love you! TTFN Mom