Saturday, July 14, 2007

Another Day, Another Watch

Part of the big disadvantage of not having my quals done yet is that I get to sit an unusual amount of these watches. Some of them are more exciting than others. Today was not one of those days.

I did manage to get up flying last night, but unfortunately we had to end the flight early because of some electrical problems so I wasn't able to finish getting qualified. Hopefully that will happen sometime this week. Today we had an all officer meeting where we watched "Team America: World Police". Definitely not a family-friendly flick, but we enjoyed it, nonetheless. It was certainly a more jovial mood than the last Movie AOM we had back on Guam where we watched "Blackhawk Down". That movie was so that we could learn about "interpersonal relationships in times of crisis." I think that the learning objective today was "America's changing roll in a continuosly evolving worldwide political landscape." At least, that's what I pulled out of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spence,
I checked-out your Amazon.com wish list (good idea). I'm sending you our copy of Hunt for Red October. Do you also want the other Tom Clancy novels- SSN, Clear and Present Danger, etc? I do believe we have every submarine novel ever written!
I am enjoying your blog so much! You really have a talent for composition.
It sounds like you have it pretty cooshy (except for the away from family thing), at least thus far. What can you tell me about conditions in Baghdad and Bahrain?

Spencer said...

Well, to be honest, there's really nothing I can tell you about conditions in Baghdad since I really don't know. Baghdad is pretty far away from here. As far as Bahrain goes, well, we are trying to organize weekend flyoffs to Bahrain to give guys a little bit of a break. Bahrain is kind of the Las Vegas of the Persian Gulf. I don't think there is anything of note happening there. Hopefully I'll get in on one of those good deal hops and be able to give a bit more of a description of it.