Friday, July 6, 2007

A Few Pictures

Well, as promised, I have gotten a few pictures ready to be posted. Finally. I can't say that they're the most exciting pictures ever, but since the most exciting thing to happen here is the big smallpox vaccine sore growing on my shoulder (Quit the sight, actually. I also have pictures of that, but I'll avoid posting them here) there isn't a whole lot to post. I'll have more up as they become available.





Here I am in the Abu Dhabi Airport. Don't let the smile fool you. I had been up for about 26 hours at that point and am probably pretty lucky that I didn't accidently take a header right over that railing.


My little home away from home. It was sure nice of the Army to give us a television that is hooked up to neither satellite or a DVD player. Good thing I brought my laptop. By the way, that refrigerator is stocked from top to bottom with bottled water. That, thankfully is free and more than abundantly available.

The other part of my room. Isn't it exciting? Actually just up and to the left of the frame is the most important feature of the room: the A/C which keeps the room at about 70 degrees even when it's 130 outside. In retrospect, I guess I could have at least tucked in the corners of my sheet before I took this picture...


I know, I know. This is what you've all been breathlessly anticipating seeing. The helicopters. To be fair, I'm not flying the helicopter in this picture. I was flying the helicopter that this photo was taken from. Notice the red cross on the side. Beautiful birds, ain't they?

No comments: