Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Laundry Day

I know that the title sounds absolutely enthralling. Unfortunately unlike last night's blog, the title this time does have bearing on the content of this post. There's really not much else to talk about today. I tried to go flying last night, but never got higher than 13 feet off the ground. It was kind of a crazy night. Anyway, I get to try tonight -- again! Hopefully this time I'll be able to actually get it done.

As the title says, I did laundry today. One advantage to everything I own being some shade of brown (except my towel - that's green, but used to be white) is that I don't have to sort laundry. Everything just gets thrown in together. If I was a more philosophical sort, I might be able to draw some parallel between that and life. As it stands, however, that would require too much effort so I'll just say that I toss all the laundry into warm water, add two of my 3-in-1 laundry sheets that I bought out here and let-r-rip. Somehow they all come back and even smell nice. Actually, last week I put them in to the washer before work and came back to find that not only had somebody moved them from the washer to the dryer while I was gone (to free up the washer), but had also started the dryer and then someone else had moved my dry clothes up on top of the dryer for me to free up the dryer. And still, I had all my socks. I can't even do that at home. It's miraculous!..?..mirracoulous!..?..miraculus!..umm..Amazing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing this is a family friendly blog. Your brother would like to make a comment about pilots, and the inability to fly... you can imagine Jason going crazy with that one!
FYI, Jason got verbals from his detailer today. Details will not be made this public though.
The laundry facilities are free, right? How much did the Navy pay for those magical machines?

Spencer said...

Laundry is free. Actually the Navy didn't pay anything, as far as I know. This is an Army base so they take care of all the facilities. The machines aren't that bad, either.

Anonymous said...

miraculous

Love,
The English Minor

Anonymous said...

I'm just surprised there wasn't some smart-alec-ish comment about you doing laundry. I'd make one, but I'm above such humor.