Tonight was definitely a night to remind me why I fly helicopters. I went out to the boat to do some landing quals out in the gulf (being as how that's what Navy Pilots do - land on boats). Unfortunately, as we were heading out (I should specify that I was riding in the back out to the boat and not actually flying) we got a call that a girl on one of the nearby ships had appendicitis and needed to be evac'd to a hospital. That's what we do, so my training was off. Bummer there, but when they put her in the helicopter I was reminded of all the good we can do. I even ended up holding the IV bag. Maybe I wasn't on the controls -- this time -- but it still felt really, really good to be there helping out.
Maybe I didn't notice it when I posted it, but when I logged on to the blog this time it struck me. Does anyone else think that the picture of me with the 'stache looks like it should be on some poster of some third-world dictator?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm thinking of a paler, more freckled, red-headed twin brother of Borat.... Of course, until recently I looked like an obese Greg Brady knock-off..... To be a dictator, you need a silly French-style beret worn slightly crooked, and a cigar!
I'll take that as a request. I imagine I might be able to find a beret and cigar to go with the 'stache. Not a bad idea at all.
No cigar, please. Our daughter looks at the pictures on the blog. I don't feel like explaining that this week, or next. :)
Fair enough. I will inform everyone when my "El Che" picture is available and then email it out on request.
Post a Comment