Today is my first time standing the medevac alert. I'm the second-up copilot which means that we get the second medevac of the day (or we go out dual-ship with the first-up helicopter in the event that we go somewhere where people might not like us). There was a medevac earlier today so right now we have the chicken -- the next one is ours. I kind of hope that we don't get called out on one right now because A: that would mean that somebody is hurt; and B: it's nighttime and I'd like to be able to get some pictures from my first evac. We'll see what happens. We've still got the watch for another 12 hours.
The main disadvantage to being on the alert is that my one kilometer triangle world is suddenly reduced to 200 ft. That's how far away from the helicopter we can be at any point during our alert. Thankfully, they have set up a trailer for us that has a sleeping room with beds and a room with a TV and DVD player and books. So the time passes quickly enough. Tomorow is a day off for me, so basically I get to hang out in my trailer. Sounds like fun, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uncle Spencer, we like like your "zoom" button (shown on the pics of your helo control panel). What does it do?
Post a Comment