Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Votes Are In

Well, it looks like my moustache will be short lived. Actually, I'm not that disappointed. Truth to tell, it's a little bothersome. It gets wet when I try to drink, it's a pain to trim, and my room-mate says that it tickles when I kiss him goodnight. Just kidding. It's not that hard to trim. So it will be shaved shortly. There are a couple more things that I need to do with it before it comes completely off. The "Dictactor" picture still needs to happen. Speaking of dictators, what should I do with it for the last day I have it? Several of the aircrew here think I should shave it "toothbrush" style (a la a certain infamous dictator) but I think that might be in somewhat bad taste. So what I'm thinking is maybe shave all but the last 1/8th of an inch or so over my lip (kind of a sleazy latin-lover style). The other idea is to shave the center and then have two very thin halves angling off of my nose (tough to describe, I guess the closest thing would be two check-marks under my nose). Any suggestions?

Anyway, I am scheduled to fly again tonight. Barring some unforseen happening, I should be qualified by the end of the night...hmmm....that sounds familiar, somehow. I'm pretty tired today. Going on about 4 hours of sleep last night. Time to break out the Red Bull. This morning I tried to pass some time by watching "The Thin Red Line". If you haven't seen it, don't. I got about 40 minutes into it and was so bored that I was willing to go attack Guadalcanal just for some action. Wow. What a waste.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Spence,
I vote that you shave the middle keep the ends. Just kidding. I think you look like dad did when he grew a moustache a long, long, long time ago. Keep up the writing. These blogs really brighten up my day. I am so proud to have a big, not older, brother like you. You are a great example to your nieces and nephews. Hopefully by the time you read this you will be qualled. What will happen then? Love you tons!!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer,
As one of the ones who voted for you to keep the 'stache, I'm a little disappointed that it's going to be shaved off. However, I could see how you could have some fun shaving half of it off, but definitely not the toothbrush style. (That's a wise decision.) The latin lover thing is too ordinary. I vote that you shave the middle and have two check marks.
Regarding the picture that you posted of the mustache, I was more interested in the patch on your shoulder. Even though I saw it before it was on your flight suit, I am glad it looks so good now that it has been sewn on.
We love you and are proud of you. You are constantly in our prayers.
Love, Mom vB

Anonymous said...

Daddy,

I think you should keep your mustache. Don't shave it! You look el guapo and cool.

Michenna

Spencer said...

I don't know...I know that the 'stache lost the vote, but how can I disagree with that last vote?

Anonymous said...

Sorry I could not vote on the stach. I was in Japan doing real work for the Navy (vice moonlighting for the Army at Club Med Kuwait)! Actually I am very jealous of the manly way you look with your mustache and flight suit. At least you are not wearing 30 pounds of extra gear! I am proud to tell everyone that my el guapo brother, is a glorified ambulance driver in the desert. One question, what do the ambulance chasing lawyers fly in????? Be SAFE!!!!
Jason