Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Night Flying

Well, I got to fly again last night. I was flying on NVGs in formation with another helicopter when it occured to me how cool that really is. There I was flying an $18 million piece of machinery over the Persian (or Arabian or whatever) Gulf about 200 yards away from another helicopter. It was a very cool feeling. And I was getting paid for it.

I hope that my posts up to this point haven't been too negative. The truth is, as far as deployments go, this one's not at all bad. The main negative is that I'm away from Tricia and Michenna, which does suck. On the other hand, the food's not bad, I can get online pretty much whenever I want to, I even get to call Tricia once or twice a week. Compared to what the guys up North are going through, I'll take this any day.

No comments: